Hey guys, today I’ll be talking about something a little different than usual.
Nothing revolutionary, not trying to be woke today, just me giving you some tips and tricks I’ve learned. Since it is your mid-semester break right now, I’m pretty sure, you guys would head out to party, go on a short vacation or maybe just go to fancy places, ’cause you earned it. Or, maybe, you guys decide to just stay at home, watch Netflix all day long in your jammies, just like me. Now, I am not an expert in this, but I’d like to consider myself as a pretty good ‘beauty guru’.
1. Primer: Ah, guys, this is super important. I mean it. Even if you don’t like putting on much make up, this is a game changer for just creating a smooth canvas for your ‘art’. It hides pores, hydrates and reduces redness. I have oily skin, so I use silicone based primer which is very useful to basically ‘Facetune’ your skin. It is the base of your building. Don’t sleep on it. Here’s what I use, its affordable and a dupe for Benefit Porefessional Primer.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Primer
- NYX Angel Veil/ Pore Filler
2. Foundation: Okay, so for the do’s; buy a foundation that has your shade, please. DO NOT buy a foundation that is 10 times lighter for your skin, because when you do that, the redness and acne you have is going to pop right through it. If you are someone that does not like full coverage (why wouldn’t you? JK), buy something that says buildable coverage. So, this way, you get to control the coverage intensity. All my brown folks, there is a teeny problem if you are someone that isn’t very dark or very fair. You wouldn’t be able to find your shade in the drugstore, so you might have to splurge a little bit, but its worth it. TBH, it’s offensive, that people here only order the darkest shades for ‘us’. I am an in between shade, I am not dark but I am not fair either. I am medium tan. Yet, I cannot find my shade for the affordable ones. Lighter shades, I will recommend products for you. Cushion/Powder foundations (Dry/ Normal skin), liquid foundations (All skin types), cream foundations (dry, normal skin).
- Fit Me! Maybelline Foundation (Oily/ Dewy)
- Loreal Infalliable (Matte/ Dewy)
- LA Girl (Matte/ Dewy)
- Fenty Beauty
- Born This Way Too Faced (this is what I use)
3. Concealer: Two things. DO buy a concealer that is 1/2 shade lighter than your foundation, to brighten up your face. DO buy a shade exactly similar to your skin tone to conceal your acne or scars. It is very easy to buy the wrong shade of concealers, heck, I have 5 concealers and they are all wrong. Again, lighter shades, you can find your concealer in drugstores, easy and quick. Dark skinned folks, Sephora it is.
- LA Girl Concealer (Good shade range and affordable)
- Wet n Wild Photofocus Concealer
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer
4. Contour and Highlight: Okay, so for this, your contour shade should be 1- 2 shades darker than your foundation shade. Go easy, DON’T draw a thick line instead put it with a light hand to avoid any harsh lines. As for highlight, you could go ‘blinding’ or just a healthy glow. Avoid cream highlighter. I prefer more of a matte look, cause my skin is oily. Pro tip: If your skin is oily, use a powder contour kit, if it dry, cream will do. And remember to keep blending.
- Rimmel Sculpting Kit (Fair skin)
- Wet n Wild MegaGlo Contouring Pallete (Fair – Medium)
- Kat Von D Contour and Highlight pallete (All skin tones)
- Wet n Wild Highlighter – Affordable and Blinding
- NYX , Love you so Mochi, by Nikita Dragun
5. Bronzer : DON’T buy a bronzer that has warm tone to it. So, basically, anything that looks even slightest bit orange because that’s make you look like a pumpkin. Ashy tones are a way to go for bronzers, this one goes for every skin tone.
- NYX matte bronzer
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer
- E.L.F cosmetics bronzer
6. Blush: I keep this very simple. Fair/ Medium skinned people, you can use pink/peachy blush. For medium-tanned/dark skinned people use reddish or coral blush. It’s very simple.
- Maybelline Fit Me! Blush
- E.L.F Mineral Blush
- Wet n Wild Colour Icon Blush